Equipment Operator II- Precinct 2
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$29,942-$30,250
- Posted Date:04/19/2017
Operates heavy equipment to build, maintain and repair roads, culverts, bridges and signs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Builds and maintains roads, which includes operating heavy equipment, mowing bar ditches, performing crack and chip seal, mixing asphalt, setting rebar, graveling, paving and patching.
- Loads, transports and unloads heavy equipment and bridge beams at job sites.
- Performs sign maintenance, repair, replacement and installation; and performs daily inspections of residential and county roads.
- Adjusts inventory for signs, posts, bases and hardware used in the installation of new signs or repair and replacement of existing signs.
- Checks and fuels vehicles; and performs occasional maintenance duties.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, with 1 to 3 years related experience. Must have a Class A CDL.
Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to work with road materials
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to identify and evaluate hazardous road conditions and method of repair
- Ability to work in teams
- Knowledge of driving procedures for transporting heavy equipment
- Knowledge of proper loading and securing techniques for each piece of equipment
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, intense noises, gases, workspace restrictions, vibrations, chemicals and oils.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.