Clerk I - Medical Examiner
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$22,218
- Posted Date:07/05/2018
- Preforms complex clerical duties, such as classifying, consolidating summarizing, sorting filing and distributing documents and information. Utilizes the computer, calculator, typewriter and other standard office equipment to record, store & retrieve information.
- Contact with the police departments, physicians, hospitals, clinics, and other agencies to gather information concerning death investigations.
- Contact with next of kin regarding details of the death investigations.
- Will often go to other departments to deliver/receive documents.
- Routinely answer questions about death investigations via telephone and/or personal contact with next of kin.
- Provide general assistance to death investigations during the course of their investigations.
- Responsible for statics, purchase orders/receiving, accounting, time sheet preparation, etc.
- Performs all other related duties.
Six months experience in clerical work (or equivalent education & experience).
High school graduate (or successfully completed GED) supplemented by courses in typing,
Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record. Working knowledge of business Working knowledge of modern office methods, procedures & equipment. Working knowledge of County policies, procedures & operations. Working knowledge of office filing systems. Skill in the use & care of a typewriter and personal computer. Ability to understand and carry out oral & written instructions. Ability to type rapidly & accurately. Ability to work independently & efficiently. Ability to deal effectively with the public in giving & obtaining information, referring callers & arranging appointments. Ability to work with legal & medical professionals. Ability to establish & maintain a satisfactory working relationship with fellow employees. Ability to read & write reports. Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the
Health & safety of themselves or others.