Clerk II- JP 2
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$23,638-$25,853
- Posted Date:02/28/2018
Provides advanced clerical support within department; processes filing, court hearings and collection of criminal citations and civil cases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Provides clerical support, which includes filing new and amended civil cases and traffic citations, answering and transferring calls, performing data entry, preparing correspondence, maintaining records, indexes and certificates, sorting and distributing mail, managing calendars and receiving, entering and scanning documents.
- Maintains collections of monies; balances cash reports; and runs daily collection reports.
- Provides customer service, which includes handling inquiries, providing information on filing and payments, maintaining payment schedules and processing requests.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, with under and including 1 year related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to operate office equipment and related software
- Knowledge of filing format and fees
- Ability to answer and distribute calls
- Knowledge of case filing and processing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of state mandated rules and regulations
- Data entry and secretarial skills
- Work independently
- Handle common inquiries or complaints
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Travel for training yearly for education at the Texas Justice Court Training Center locations
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. The work involves sitting most of the time.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER