- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$44,760
- Posted Date:03/03/2017
Provides maintenance and support of in-house computer systems, desktops and peripherals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, updates and installs equipment, which includes computers, monitors, printers, scanners and phones.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, installs, updates and repairs software, which includes AS400, Microsoft Office Suite, VPN, Internet Browsers and Anti-virus.
- Provides after hours support for the offices that operate continuously.
- Uploads and updates operating system images.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing equipment; assigns asset tags, coordinates disposal of surplus items; addresses equipment transfer concerns; and oversees yearly county-wide inventory at buildings containing IT equipment.
- Coordinates with vendors and departments to install necessary equipment in new buildings; and plans and delegates installation of new hardware and software.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
Associate's degree, with 1 to 3 years related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of VoIP phones
- Basic knowledge of Mobile IOS and/or Android
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use remote software
- Apply listening and interview skills, work under pressure, address conflict, solve problems, and make sound split-second judgments
- Read, analyze, and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Handle common inquiries or complaints
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Operate standard office equipment, such as computer keyboards and monitors, copiers, scanners, and telephone
- Use (or learn to use) computer software and systems applicable to the position
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit
- Maintain well-organized materials, files, systems and tools
- Adapt to changes in work situations and priorities
- Reason/analyze; use logic to identify and resolve problems
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work:Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.