- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$31,932 - $35,457
- Posted Date:12/06/2017 4:08 PM
Processes requisitions, obtains quotes and creates purchase orders in a timely manner; and provides clerical support for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Provides clerical support, which includes assisting departments with questions related to requisitions, purchase orders and ordering supplies, processing printing requests, and organizing and coordinating logistics of delivery methods.
- Issues purchase orders based on approved requisitions submitted by the department; and verifies requisitions for correct account codes and available funds.
- Maintains credit card billing, purchasing bills, Certificate of Liability Insurance and Purchasing Department vehicles.
- Takes inventory of county assets on an annual basis for all county departments; and sends reports to auditors and elected county officials.
- Performs courier duties, which includes picking up and delivering all county interoffice mail to departments.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
6 months to 1 year of advanced study or training beyond high school equivalency, with 1 to 3 years related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of departmental procedures
- Computer and software skills
- Knowledge of bid process based on local government code 262
- Basic knowledge of insurance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of tax office forms and procedures
- Ability to understand printing request and operate print shop equipment
- Knowledge of all department locations and personnel
- Customer service skills
- Basic budgetary skills
- Accurate typing skills
- Ability to maintain inventory reports for accurate tracking
- Work independently
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit
- Maintain well-organized materials, files, systems and tools
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.