Clerk II- County Clerk, Court
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$23,638-$27,752
- Posted Date:07/07/2017
Performs specialized clerical work for the County courts system. Work involves processing all documents, files and judicial orders pertaining to Civil, Probate and Family Law – including Juvenile court proceedings. Employee is responsible for utilizing computer-driven data entry equipment to prepare and modify files
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Reviews and processes filings from the e-filing system into the case management program and processes payment of fees for probate, civil, and family law cases.
- Files and processes juvenile, criminal misdemeanor and traffic appeal cases.
- Processes all payments received, issues receipts, logs payments as required. Maintains payment plans and issues notices and warrants as required.
- Provides customer service, which includes handling inquiries, providing information on filing of documents and payments, and processing requests.
- Reviews all orders signed by the Judge to determine what further action, if any, is required by the County Clerk’s office and completes said action. Routes files related to assigned causes of action scheduled on the day’s docket to the specified court.
- Reviews for completeness and accuracy, enters in case management program and prepares for scanning various documents, files, judicial orders, etc., according to established procedures.
- Serves as contact liaison between the County Court at Law Judge, his staff and a variety of other county departments and agencies for paperwork, information and case status in any civil division docket related matters.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, with under and including 1 year related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to operate office equipment and related software
- Knowledge of filing format and fees
- Ability to answer and distribute calls
- Knowledge of case filing and processing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of state mandated rules and regulations
- Data entry and secretarial skills
- Work independently
- Handle common inquiries or complaints
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.