Radio System Management
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$39,271- $55,000
- Posted Date:10/12/2017 4:37 PM
Manages all Johnson County Mobile Radios and system infrastructure to ensure that equipment is properly maintained and radio communications services are deployed effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Maintenance of the County’s Radio system and equipment.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all radios and radio systems.
- Repairs radios in house when possible.
- Prepares and send radios in for warranty/maintenance repair.
- Oversee technical assistance and training of the radio system users.
- Prepare reports and keep records of systems use and capacity.
- Assist in development of financial proposals related to annual system contract and upgrades.
- Monitor Radio system related contracts for compliance.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and four (4) years of working experience with Land Mobile Radio Systems. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Must have detailed knowledge of Motorola 700-800 Mhz P25 communications systems, infrastructure, and associated technical diagnostic programs.
- Ability to develop codeplugs and program radios for Motorola 700/800
- Knowledge of Public Safety Communications and radio operations and management.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable format to varying and diverse audiences.
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
- Work independently
- Apply listening and interview skills, work under pressure, address conflict, solve problems, and make sound split-second judgments
- Read, analyze, and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Develop and write reports, policies, and correspondence
- Handle common inquiries or complaints
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Perform mathematical computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Calculate percent distributions, increase rates, and similar computations.
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Operate standard office equipment, such as computer keyboards and monitors, copiers, scanners, and telephone
- Use (or learn to use) computer software and systems applicable to the position
- Collect, organize, and interpret data and prepare accurate records
- Reason/analyze; use logic to identify and resolve problems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees in this job are occasionally exposed to outdoor environments, confined spaces, warehouse environments, cleaning chemicals, moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, gases, vibrations, poor ventilation, oils, loud or intense noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.
The work frequently involves walking, driving, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling, lifting.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.