Equipment Operator I -Pct. 3
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$29,580- $33,380 DOQ
- Posted Date:04/17/2018
Performs semi-skilled work in operating a variety of general hauling, construction and maintenance equipment in the construction and maintenance of county roads and construction tasks in the construction and repair of county roads, bridges or related structures other county property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Drives and operates one or more of semi-complex to complex heavy equipment including bobtail trucks, backhoes, rollers, front-end loaders, trailers, gravel, asphalt, mowers, etc.
- Checks and fuels vehicles and performs light mechanical adjustments.
- Assists mechanic in performing repairs on equipment.
- Performs other related road construction and maintenance duties.
- Performs simple equipment repairs.
- Builds forms from wood or related materials in construction projects requiring concrete structural work.
- Positions and secures reinforcing steel in forms to strengthen concrete.
- Reads blueprints and measures forms to insure work is prepared according to specifications.
- Performs concrete pouring operations and finishes exposed surfaces of concrete to cure.
- Operates simple equipment and vehicles normally required of Equipment Operator I.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocol and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, with less than 1 year related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted. Must have a Class A Commercial Driver License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Operational and maintenance knowledge of heavy equipment
- Evaluate and identify hazardous road conditions and prioritize repair
- Safety procedures
- DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations
- Construction site traffic control
- Truck load limitations
- Work independently
- Adapt to changes in work situations and priorities
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unitEstablish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.