Spring is the busy season for Passports applications. To avoid long wait times, please come as early as possible. Children may need to be taken out of school early as late afternoons can be very busy. Please allow at least 30 minutes per applicant and have all of the required documents. Having the forms completed in advance and bringing all required documents and fees will help speed the process. We are not set up to photograph small children, so please obtain passport photos for children under 5 years of age at a photo studio.
- All applicants must appear in person, including children. Applicants under age 16 must have parental consent.
- Passport forms must be completed in black ink only (no white out or scratch outs). Information must be fully completed including parental information for all applicants.
- If your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card is in your possession, was issued less than 15 years ago, and you were over the age of 16 at the time of issuance, you may be eligible to use form DS-82 to renew your passport by mail.
- Standard Adult Passports are valid for 10 years from the date of issue and 5 years for minors under 16.
- Applicants who have had a previous passport but cannot submit it with their application are required to fill out and submit a DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport with their application (if not previously submitted).
- National Passport Information Center via toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 and NPIC@state.gov. Additional information available and fillable/printable forms at travel.state.gov. Downloadable forms available at bottom of this page.
What is required to be submitted with application:
- PROOF OF US CITIZENSHIP: Evidence of U.S. citizenship (certified copy of long-form birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship or previous Passport) AND a photocopy of the front (and back if there is printed information) must be submitted with your application. The additional photocopy must be on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, black and white ink, legible and clear. Evidence that is not damaged, altered or forged will be returned to you.
- PROOF OF IDENTITY: Valid government-issued photo ID. You must present your original identification AND submit a legible photocopy of the front and back with your passport application.
- RECENT COLOR PHOTOGRAPH: Photograph must meet passport requirements/template - full front view of the face and 2 x 2 inches in size on a white or light background. (Details on page 2 of DS-11 application.)
- FEES: Two specific forms of payment are required - please read below carefully.
Required Fee #1 - Passport Fee - Separate Check or Money Order for each application to the U.S. Dept. of State (no cash or credit card for this fee)
- Passport Book - Adults 16 and over-$110, Children under 16-$80. (Standard Processing 6 weeks)
- Passport Card - Adults 16 and over- $ 30, Children under 16-$15. (Standard Processing 6 weeks)
- Air travel requires Passport Book. Passport Card limited to land travel to Mexico/Canada and qualified cruises.
Required Fee #2 - Execution Fee - Cash (or Credit Card w/5% fee) to the Johnson County Clerk (no checks)
- $25 for each application
- Expedited Processing Fee for 3 week return - $60 per application additional to the U.S. Dept of State
- Express Mail return (books only)-$15.45
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN
To submit an application for a child under age 16 both parents or the child's legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship;
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s); AND
- Original parental/guardian government-issued identification AND a photocopy of the front and back side of presented identification.
IF ONLY ONE PARENT APPEARS, YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Second parent's notarized written statement or DS-3053 (including the child's full name and date of birth) consenting to the passport issuance for the child. The notarized statement cannot be more than three months old and must be signed and notarized on the same day, and must come with a photocopy of the front and back side of the second parent's government-issued photo identification; OR
- Second parent’s death certificate if second parent is deceased; OR
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, such as a court order; OR
- A written statement or DS-5525 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining in detail the second parent's unavailability.
- Each minor child applying for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card must appear in person.
Passport Acceptance and/or Photos for applicants over 5 years of age are available at the following locations:
Johnson County Clerk - 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:00pm. (after 4:00 by appointment only) Mon-Fri
2 N. Main St. Rm. 131
Cleburne TX 76033
817-202-4000 x 1627
Johnson County Clerk - 8:00am - 11:30am and 12:30pm - 3:30pm, Mon-Fri
247 Elk Dr. Room 103
Burleson TX 76028
- DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport
- DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals
- DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card
- DS-3053 Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
- DS-5525 Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstance for Issuance to a Minor Under Age 16